Wednesday, December 17, 2008

AESTHETIC

After doing the "Female Icon Quiz", I found a word I did not know what it meant (you know us ESL people, have to keep looking in the dictionary) lol.
anyway so that's just what I did I looked in the dictionary. What I found out by the meaning of the word (Definition also posted!) is that I am a person that can grasp what's beautiful in many ways! 8^)
I think I really like this word... and with that here is one of my favorite sayings:
BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!!!
& also all that matters is that, I am Gods creation and to Him we are all beautiful... God don't make no JUNK!!!

Definition
AESTHETIC,
US ALSO Esthetic
Show phonetics
Adjective
1. Relating to the enjoyment or study of beauty:
-The new building has little aesthetic value/appeal.
2. Describes an object or a work of art that shows great beauty:
-Furniture which is both aesthetic and functional aesthetics,
US ALSO Esthetics
Show phonetics
Noun
[U]the formal study of art, especially in relation to the idea of beauty aesthetically,
US ALSO Esthetically
Show phonetics
Adverb
I like objects to be both functional and aesthetically pleasing. aesthete,
US ALSO Esthete
Show phonetics
Noun
[C]a person who understands and enjoys beauty:
-The ugliness of the city would make an aesthete like you shudder